Fabrication and Production Worker
We have an exciting career opportunity for a skilled fabrication and production worker to join the CPV team.
Based on the edge of the New Forest, near Romsey, CPV has been a pioneer in the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and, to this day, we are still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques for a range of products.
Founded in 1948, CPV Limited is a leading manufacturer of engineered pipe systems, are part of a family owned group of manufacturing businesses with over 70 years of experience in the plastics and industrial piping industries. We are pioneers in the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and are still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques.
CPV has become a world-class manufacturer of engineering pipework solutions for a wide array of applications including corrosion resistant pipe systems for chemical and hazardous media and pre-insulated pipe systems for district heating and cooling networks, we now have a new off-site fabrication manufacturing plant our capabilities for the manufacture of off-site pre-fabricated assemblies and modularisation units has opened up new opportunities.
The Role: Fabrication and Production Worker
Contract: Permanent – Full time
This position requires candidates who have served an engineering apprenticeship with good experience and knowledge of any of the following disciplines:
- Plastic fabrication and welding (eg - making PVC windows and doors)
- Carpentry or joinery
- Sheet metal work
- Pipe fitting and assembly
- Steel fabrication and welding
This is a hands on role and the candidate must be able to use the following tools safely and competently:
- Manual hand tools
- Electric power hand tools (jigsaw and other saws, drill, router, etc)
- Workshop tools (wall and bench saws, pillar drill, bench router etc)
- Measuring equipment (tape measure, vernier calliper, micrometer etc)
- GCSE English, mathematics, science and technology to Grade C or above
- Time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering to Level 2 or higher
- An FLT licence would be advantageous but not essential
Experience and knowledge:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- From 7.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 4.00pm on Fridays (five days)
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime in the evenings and weekends
- Shift breaks (times to suit production requirements):
- Half-hour lunch break (unpaid)
- Two 10 minute tea breaks each day
- Trainee position - £18,515 - £19,227 pa
- Qualified fabricator - £23,263 - £23,975 pa
Typical duties will include:
- To fabricate plastic tanks, vessels and pipe spools
- To assist and work alongside senior fabricators
- Making jigs and templates
- Trim, cut, wrap and pack products
- Bend, form and drill products
- Assemble components to form pipe spools and fabricated vessels
- Pre-insulate pipes and vessels using injected PUR foam
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and all personnel in the department
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and good housekeeping in all departments
- Some general factory labouring and production duties
- Notify the Supervisor of any machine or tool breakdowns or breaches of safety during the production process
The candidate must be fit and strong with good eyesight and manual dexterity and have a good attitude to work with some previous experience of fabrication and production work (please provide details). There is a fair amount of manual handling involved with this role and from time to time working at height with scaffolding towers will be required.
Full training will be provided and HSE protocols will be followed at all times.
The following skills , attitude and experience are required for this role:
- Able to follow instructions and work in a team or on their own with minimal supervision
- Polite, adaptable and reliable and have good communication skills in the English language
- Helpful and enthusiastic
- Free parking
- Canteen - including fridge, water boiler, toaster, microwave oven and conventional oven
- Hot drinks and chilled water provided FOC
- Snack vending machine available (at cost)
The Company will provide free PPE after the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, until then candidates shall provide their own safety footwear and prescription safety glasses (if required). CPV will provide gloves, Hi-viz vest, disposable coveralls, non-prescription safety glasses and ear defenders (where required)
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.