We have an exciting career opportunity for a skilled project engineer to join the CPV team and take on the responsibility for all the engineering and technical disciplines required by our projects and sales team.
Based on the edge of the New Forest, near Romsey, CPV has been a pioneer in the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and, to this day, we are still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques for a range of products.
Founded in 1948, CPV Limited is a leading manufacturer of engineered pipe systems, are part of a family owned group of manufacturing businesses with over 70 years of experience in the plastics and industrial piping industries. We are pioneers in the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and are still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques.
CPV has become a world-class manufacturer of engineering pipework solutions for a wide array of applications including corrosion resistant pipe systems for chemical and hazardous media and pre-insulated pipe systems for district heating and cooling networks, we now have a new off-site fabrication manufacturing plant our capabilities for the manufacture of off-site pre-fabricated assemblies and modularisation units has opened up new opportunities.
We are looking for a project engineer to be responsible for all the engineering and technical disciplines that the projects and sales team require. The candidate will be expected to schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the activities involved in the project work cycle aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Liaise with internal and external sales engineers and clients to optimise designs for industrial pipe systems within the company’s product portfolio and manufacturing expertise.
Hours of work
Your normal days and hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5.00pm. Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm. You will be entitled to a 50-minute unpaid lunch break to be taken at times to suit your current workload.
The Company may require you to perform a reasonable amount of work outside your normal hours of work, depending on the needs of the business. Your salary has been set at a level to take into consideration any additional hours worked therefore you are not entitled to receive any additional payment for this work. You may be entitled to time off in lieu if it is agreed by your manager.
25 days paid annual leave plus public holidays (currently 8)
Project Engineering Manager.
Core Tasks and Duties
- Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations from BOM’s & MTO’s using Revit, Navis works and Auto Cad packages when required and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Raise order, creates bills of material, manage transport during the project cycle
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, to standards and specifications
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with Sales Manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and new business opportunities
- Liaising with CAD, estimating and production teams throughout various project stages
- Manage / plan projects, which run concurrently from concept and design to installation and commissioning
- Performing bidding and negotiations of rates with clients and suppliers.
- Responsible for implementing the development of offsite fabrication and modularisation across all CPV product ranges
- Travelling around the UK and Europe to project sites as and when required
- Attend meetings with the client and where appointed direct and instruct
- Support in all phases of the project and respond to all matters that may affect the client’s objective
- Review client designs and drawings to produce material take-offs and quotations
- Provide both internal and external technical support
- Liaise with the production departments for ongoing projects management
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Experience as a project engineer would be advantageous
- Knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- MS Office skills
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organisation skills
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
You will also be required to:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and requirements
- Look out for the safety and wellbeing of colleagues and visitors
- Understand and follow the procedures defined in the Quality Assurance Manual
- Maintain controls and documentation of procedures
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.