CPV is a leading UK plastic pipe manufacturing specialist and we are currently recruiting extrusion setters and operators to work alongside our team of highly experienced plastic technicians.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced extrusion setter/operator with hands on knowledge of large-diameter plastic pipe extrusion.
Working with a highly qualified team of extrusion engineers and operators, this demanding role will involve good communication skills and the ability to keep several pipe extrusion lines running efficiently throughout the shift.
There will be ample opportunity for the dedicated candidate to prove their worth and enhance their position as the company continues to invest in pipe extrusion technology and engineering services.
As Extrusion Operator/Setter your duties and responsibilities will include assisting with the setting and running of extrusion lines during each shift, including help to set the extruder and all downstream equipment.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of pipe extrusion and be confident with setting and running extrusion equipment and machinery. This is a challenging role and a well-motivated and reliable team member will be well rewarded.
Your main duties will include:
- To produce quality extruded product (mostly pipe)
- To assist with extrusion line setting and operation
- Head, die and pin changing
- Barrel and screw cleaning
- Assist with the start-up and shut-down of the extrusion lines
- Monitor and maintain quality in accordance with specification
- Use fork truck and manual means to move raw material and finished products
- Assist with extrusion trials
- Help to achieve optimum production
- Assist other extrusion setters and operators
- Trim, cut, wrap and pack extruded product
- Bend, form and drill extruded product
- Make every effort to keep extruded product scrap to a minimum
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and good housekeeping within the department (5’s)
- Throughout each shift measure and record quality checks and monitor product quality
- Follow and understand operating procedures and setting sheets for extruded products
- Notify the Supervisor of any machine breakdowns or breaches of safety during the production process
- Inform the Production Manager immediately of any breaches of the works rules
Qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 5 in Engineering Manufacture or equivalent time-served Apprenticeship
- GCSE’s in English language, mathematics and either a science or technology subject
- An IT qualification in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- At least 5-years’ experience in a similar role
- Fork truck licence
The following skills and attitude to work are required:
- A good understanding of extrusion techniques and practices
- Able to understand setting sheets and product specifications
- Demonstrate a good practical use of tools, workshop equipment and measuring devices
- Able to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions
- Enthusiastic approach to learning new skills
- A practical approach to working a in production environment
- Checking product for adherence to quality standards
- Ability to carefully follow instructions
- Demonstrate a keen willingness to learn and develop new techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Physical fitness, manual dexterity and good eyesight are essential
- Accurate and methodical approach to work
- Have an enquiring mind and able to think outside the box
- Excellent team working and adaptability
- Hard working and conscientious
- Polite and well mannered
- Your normal days and hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 7.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 7.30am to 4.00pm. You will be entitled to a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 10 minute tea breaks each day. Breaks are to be taken at times to suit operational requirements. The normal hours include 39 hours at the basic rate plus 5 hours overtime at 1.33 (1 hour each day) = 44 hours per week
- From time to time the Company will require you to perform a reasonable amount of work outside your normal hours which is classed as additional overtime, and dependant on the needs of the business. Overtime work is paid at enhanced rates of pay according to the duration
In addition to your primary role, you may on occasion be required to support, or indeed be seconded to other areas of the business as instructed and you may also be required to take on additional duties including:
- First Aid Monitor
- Fire Marshall
- Health and Safety monitor
You will receive full training for any of these duties assigned to you, and once fully trained they will become included in your contracted work routine and responsibilities.
The package offers a good salary, depending on experience, with generous holiday entitlement, a sick pay scheme and pension contributions.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to make this a rewarding career. CPV Ltd is a family run business and has been producing plastic pipes for over 70 years. We pride ourselves as being good employers who look after their workforce, several of whom have been here in excess of 30 years.
For the right candidate, the Company are prepared to consider a relocation package with this role.
The factory is set in a rural location near to the New forest with excellent welfare facilities, ample free parking and easy access from the M27 motorway.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.