Project CAD Engineer
Project CAD Engineer
To provide CAD and associated support services to the Project, Sales, Technical and Production teams; liaising with colleagues, our clients and their agents to optimise designs and engineered solutions for our pipework systems and bespoke product offerings within the Company’s product portfolio and manufacturing expertise.
Project Engineering Manager
Your typical duties will include:
- Create pipe layout drawings using the AutoCAD suite of programmes
- Generate production drawings with AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Review client designs and drawings to produce material take-offs (MTO) and quotations
- Liaise and work with the Production, Engineering, Product management and Development departments
- Calculation and analysis of thermal expansion and stress levels using the industry-leading sisKMR software (beam-element programme), making the necessary corrections to the design in order to safely accommodate thermal expansion (training will be provided)
- Facilitate and support project management functions
- Provide both internal and external technical support
- Manage and maintain the Company’s associated hardware and software to ensure that all is sufficiently kept up to date. Also to monitor associated industry trends & technical developments in CAD and BIM
- To undertake site surveys where necessary to be able to produce associated drawings
- To identify and research opportunities for improvement to the Company’s products, services and operating efficiencies
Skills / Qualifications
- A high level of competency shall be required in Autodesk Inventor Professional and AutoCAD Mechanical products A good understanding of Revit and Navisworks work flows on BIM projects with a basic to intermediate ability at operating these two software packages
- Formal qualifications in mechanical engineering and/or building services disciplines
- A good level competency shall be required in Microsoft Office products
Salary / Package
Salary negotiable and subject to experience, skills and capabilities.
The Company arranges defined personal pension schemes for all employees. The scheme is contributed to by both the employee (5% of salary) and the Company (7% of salary). The Company has a death in service policy for all employees who have been employed for a minimum of one year. This is equal to 1½ times your annual salary. The Company operates a sick pay scheme.
Hours of work
Your normal days and hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 08:30 to 17:00 and Friday 08:30 to 16:00.
You will be entitled to a 50-minute unpaid lunch break to be taken at times to suit your current workload, and to maintain cover in the department. In addition to your normal hours of work, you are required to work any necessary additional hours for the proper performance of your duties including occasions where work needs to be completed outside of normal hours.
The Company may require you to perform a reasonable amount of work outside your normal hours of work, depending on the needs of the business. Your salary will be set at a level to take into consideration any additional hours worked therefore you are not entitled to receive any additional payment for this work. You may be entitled to “time off in lieu” if it is agreed by your manager.
25 days' paid annual leave plus public holidays (currently 8 days)
In addition to your primary role, you may on occasion be required to support, or indeed be seconded to, other areas of the business as instructed. You may also be required to take on additional duties such as:
- First Aid Monitor
- Internal Auditor
- Fire Marshall
- Health and Safety Monitor
You will receive full training for any of these duties assigned to you, and once fully trained they will become included in your contracted work routine and responsibilities.
You will also be required to:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and requirements
- Look out for the safety and wellbeing of colleagues and visitors
- Understand and follow the procedures defined in the Quality Assurance Manual
- Maintain controls and documentation of procedures
This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed
Founded in 1948, CPV Ltd is part of a family-owned group of manufacturing businesses with over 60 years' experience in the plastics and industrial piping industries. The company was a pioneer in the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and is still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques.
Over the years, CPV has become a world-class manufacturer of engineering pipework solutions for a wide array of applications including corrosion resistant pipe systems for chemical and hazardous media and pre-insulated pipe systems for district heating and cooling networks.